EXCEL double clutch combination consists of two EFMC series clutches in a single housing and a single tandom shaft. EDCC are manufactured considering the higher frequency of forwarding & reversing mechanics. A combination of clutches are used for reversing revolution of the driven member with driving member turning in one direction.
Also combination of clutches are used to increase or decrease the speed during operation without stopping the driving member.. Load is being transferred either by the first or second clutch. At a time only one clutch gets engaged while other remains idle.
Dimensional Detail of EXCEL Double Clutch Combination Type EDCC (Encased)
SAFETY FACTOR [K]
To ensure necessary transmission safety also under extreme operating conditions adequate safety factor must be considered the value of which depends on operating conditions namely, the type of load, prime mover etc.
For Electric drive
- Low masses equal loading & non-intermittent operation [2.0]
- Low masses light shock load & intermittent operation [2.5]
- Medium masses, light shock load & intermittent operation [3.0]
- Large masses, light shock load & intermittent operation [3.0]
- Non-overhauling loads [2-3]
- Overhauling loads [3-4]
- Diesel engine drive [4-5]
- Compressor driven [5-6]
However, we recommend you to perform detailed calculations for which please consult us.
- 1 Nm = 0.012 Kgm = 0.737 Ib-ft = 10.2 kgcm
- Keyways to Indian standard / Din Standard.
- Standard Voltages 24 VDC ; 96 VDC ; 190 VDC ; other voltages on request.
Size Selection And Ordering Information
Approximate necessary Torque or Size of a unit for applications involving low inertia & low operating frequency is determined as ;
TORQUE = [9550 x (K.W. / SPEED)] x SAFETY FACTOR [K]
Ordering Information :
error: Content is protected !!